Friday, May 16, 2008

Tomorrow is the Day!


Tomorrow is the day. Yes, tomorrow is the day my son Andrew graduates from High School. As most of you know I have homeschooled Andrew since he was 5 years old. I remember sitting at my kitchen counter thinking, "High School is so far away, I have plenty of time". My time has run out. So here is a list of a few things I will miss:

1. Children's Theatre! We went every year until he was about 13. Boy how I loved it. Boy how I miss it.
2. Andrew humming Star Wars theme music while he does his school work.
3. Living history; We used Konos curriculum and lived history. Ask me about it sometime.
4. Pretending to be Luke Skywalker and having light saber fights with his friends.
5. Being with Andrew all day.

Things he will miss:

1. Humming the Star Wars theme music while he is in class.
2. Being with his mother all day (though he says he won't).
3. Pretending to be Luke Skywalker and having light saber fights with his friends.
4. Cindy Johnson, his science teacher for the past 4 years. Yes, our homeschool covering has high school classes.

Things that never change:

1. Andrew taking my kitchen tools and swirling them around like a light saber. He did this just last week with my stainless steel whisk. Boy, where is your camera when you need it. He will always be Luke Skywalker.
2. Me telling Andrew to do the dishes. It is his assigned chore. And, yes I still have to remind him to do them.
3. Me telling Andrew it is time to go to bed. He never liked going to bed and I still have to tell
him it is time to go to bed.

Well, this is my salute to my son Andrew, from his mom, who has been with him all day
about 16 years, and who loved every minute of it. Pray for me not to cry to much.

India

I think I will copy this post for a Scrapbook Page.

1 comments:

Kay 5:25 AM  

India... I promise... you will get through this. Just think about the about those wonderful memories that you will always have! Scrapbook them!
This is very exciting!